Wednesday, February 13, 2013

WIP Wednesday--FMQ progress and a FINISH!!!

It's time to see where I am in the middle of the week. I can hardly believe it's the middle of February already!!! Where does the time go?!? It's WIP Wednesday and I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced to share. I'm also jumping in and visiting those blogs listed on StitchinByTheLake's Let's Go Visiting! I'm fairly new at all this and love followers! Hope you'll come back and visit again.

I'm happy to say that I have a couple of major projects in progress and one FINISH!!! In fact, it goes in the mail today!

Let's start with the FINISH! Comforting Words for my sister-in-law Cindy is now complete, including label and a wash. I think it came out spectacular! Adding the family photos and machine embroidered blocks with inspiring, comforting words, made this Irish chain (her favorite pattern) so special and personal. I know she'll feel the love that went into it when she cuddles up with it as she starts chemo in a couple of weeks. I wrote about its inspiration and development here.

Comforting Words complete!
 Working with this project has been such a labor of LOVE! Even the pieced back came out the same size as the top without planning and gives a fun contrast with the same fabrics in larger format and using up leftover blocks from the front. It took me an entire day to find the picture of me and Cindy that I used on the label. I finally found it in the last closet in the last box in the last 2" of pix. I was so excited when I found it, as well as a whole envelope of pix of one little Sophie, my great-niece and our family's precious little angel in the bottom right pic on the quilt, as I thought those pictures were lost in one of my moves. When I made the label, I printed it with February 10 as the finish date. Well, almost! I fixed it with pens and left Cindy a smiley as the final touch.
Pieced back on Comforting Words
Long lost picture found to be included! Yay!
And now on to the works in progress...

Buffalo Baby Quilt in process of being ditched.
The next deadline looming before me is February 23 when I have to deliver this nontraditional baby quilt that still isn't named to my friend Lizzie at her baby shower. So far I keep calling it the Buffalo Baby Quilt, so maybe that's its name. I have the ditching nearly done and then will begin the simple loopy quilting. I want it all secure, but since it's for a baby I'm not planning anything spectacular. Keep it simple, right?

Finally, the ongoing project that I need to get done soon is the large quilt I'm doing FMQ on for my friend Dianna. I've been trying to do 3-4 of the stenciled blocks a day, but with Jacob teething again, I'm afraid it's turned into 3-4 blocks a week! Maybe this weekend I can make some good headway on it.

Thanks for stopping by! It's been another busy week and another WIP will be revealed on Friday when my day comes around in the Hugs & Kisses Blog Hop! There have been so many sweet and inspirational projects revealed already! I hope you'll check them out.

More snippets from the sewing room soon,
Liz

1 comment: