Monday, February 18, 2013

Unexpected hitch in my plans

Nothing like an old fashioned head cold to throw a big hitch in your plans. All three of my grandkids were here noon Saturday to noon Sunday, and the older two stayed through today when my son, "Uncle Bug" took them back to meet their mom half way for their trip home. Thank goodness the Joe & Jordyn are pretty independent, plus Jordyn is old enough she got to help with Jacob while he was here. We had a fun weekend, but certainly not the weekend of sewing with Jordyn that I had hoped for. Such is life. Maybe over spring break... Oh, and I learned today that getting a nearly-13-year-old boy to smile is actually harder than getting the 8-month-old to smile! And to get them both smile at the same time? Impossible.





In the meantime, I have the buffalo baby quilt to finish before I leave Friday for Lizzie's baby shower, and other projects to get back to. Hopefully I'll have some new progress to show on my Express Your Love FMQ project soon! I'd sure like to get back to work on it and see the design grow and evolve.


Taking part in the Hugs & Kisses blog hop was great fun! A huge thank you to Madame Samm and Jane for their work in organizing and cheerleading! And to all of those who took part, what inspiring projects were posted the entire week! To all who commented on my projects, thank you! I'm looking forward to being part of the It's All About Me blog hop that starts tomorrow/Tuesday and runs through next week. My revel date is Tuesday, Feb 26, so I hope you'll check back for more fun.

And now, it's time to put my head that feels like it's in a fishbowl down for a well-deserved nap in my amazingly quiet house. Don't you just love having your kids and/or grandkids visit, but then appreciate your quiet house even more when they leave? Gotta love 'em!

More snippets from the sewing room soon,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment