Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Valentine's Day! I just love my Jim Shore calendar for this month. And it's so fitting with the upcoming blog hop... It looks to me like some great inspiration for yet another quilt!

I'm spending my Valentine's Day with my bestie grandson, Jacob. He's teething again and has a runny nose, so he's pretty fussy, but still the best guy to hang out with.

Since my Hugs & Kisses blog hop reveal isn't until tomorrow, I'm sharing a picture of my granddaughter Jordyn and the pillow she made last summer when she spent a week with me. She did the cross-stitch LOVE in the center herself and wanted help to make it into something. I helped cut the strips and she sewed them together--her very first sewing project! I helped finish it with an envelope back and she sewed on the button.

I get to give her special Valentine's hugs this weekend when she and her brother Joe come to spend the weekend. Mormor's house will be FULL! Jacob will be here for Saturday night too. Hope I'm up to all this child-like hub-ub. :-) I'm sure we'll do just fine.

It's time to raid the cupboard in search of chocolate...

More snippets from the sewing room soon,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment