Wednesday, January 30, 2013

WIP Wednesday--Buffalo Baby Quilt

Today it was cold with a light dusting of snow outside. After yesterday's t-storms, temps dropped all day as predicted and overnight the white stuff came to visit again. I guess winter isn't through with us yet. There's not enough around here to play in, but enough to be slick and a bother for driving. Sounds like a great day to play in the sewing room--when Jacob will allow, that is. The management company shovels the walks for us, but not the steps or front porch. I went out this morning before my son-in-law arrived with Jacob to sweep them clean of the little bit of snow and then tossed a few handfuls of rock salt on the steps to melt the ice that had formed from the rain under the snow. I don't need the kids slipping on the steps coming in out with the baby! It was nice that Ross noticed and thanked me for taking care of that. Good kid!

I linked back to my post earlier this week on the Buffalo Baby Quilt for WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced as that's my current project that now has a firm deadline. The other things I'm working on are for upcoming blog-hops, so no peaking for now! Let's just say I've put a new meaning into scrappy in my sewing room. Now, what do I do with the scraps left over from the scrappy project? At least I put to use a whole baggie full of wings clipped off of some flying geese in a project I made several years ago. I knew I'd use them someday... Wow! I love when the scraps I saved actually get used!

Now it's time for my other college team's game. I'm a huge Kansas Univ Jayhawk fan, but I'm getting my master's at Kansas State, so tonight I'm cheering on the K-State Wildcats.

More snippets from the sewing room soon,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment