Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm taking on the NewFO Challenge 2013

As I'm nosing around and reading more quilt blogs, I'm getting more and more inspired! So, I signed on to take part in the NewFO Challenge 2013 posted on CatPatches Blog. Looks like lots of fun to have "permission" to start something new each month whether it ever gets done or not. There's lots of ideas floating around my sewing room, so here's my in-the-moment ideas to start my list of 2013 NewFOs!

January: A Valentines throw like the one my friend Terry made. Why not plan ahead and if it gets done I can enjoy it in February!

February: A St. Patrick's Day table runner--design yet to be decided.
March: Start on the Vintage Rouge BOM that I purchased in 2012 but left sitting in bags waiting for me. I get to learn several new techniques with this one including English paper piecing and needle-turn applique. Yikes!

April: Start early on Christmas and make my own Advent Calendar out of the kit I bought two years ago on a shop hop. My little grandson will be excited to have cookies to put in the bowl next Christmas!
May through December, I'm sure I'll come up with plenty more from my stash, unopened kits, gifts needing to be made, etc. etc. At least one QOV to be made before November; a Halloween BOM to be done; prairie point pot holders to make for gifts; and even a set or two of tea towels to embroider before next Christmas.

Looking forward to starting lots of NewFOs in 2013 and maybe even completing some of them!

More snippets from the sewing room soon,
Liz

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth...your settings are at "no reply" which means no one can respond to your comments. If you would like to change that, email me at threecatsranch at gmail dot com and I'll tell you how to change it.

    ReplyDelete