Friday, November 11, 2011

Quilter's Quest shop hop!

First thing in the morning I'm heading out to pick up my friend Nancy so we can go make the rounds on the Quilter's Quest 2011 Shop Hop through the SF Bay Area. Not sure my stash needs any more additions, but I can't imagine not going on the hop and collecting the block kits for another fun quilt! I've had a preview of the shop hop quilt and can't wait to start the blocks!

The pile of projects that I plan (hope, pray) to finish by Christmas is mounting. An advent calendar, three table runners, finishing two quilts (one pinned & ditched, one not even pinned yet--had to buy more batting), and who knows what else... Probably some machine embroidered ornaments for the kids to make it easy on myself. Lots going and I've been really at getting going in the afternoons while Dad's snoozing in front of his daily back-to-back-to-back episodes of Bonanza.

One part of me feels slightly guilty for going on the shop hop--I should be finishing the projects already started. But the rest of me says, what the heck! Shop hops only come around once or twice a year and this one takes me to several of my favorite shops that are slightly beyond my regular shopping area.

More snippets from the sewing room soon,
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment